Saturday, November 29, 2008

Practicum week 4

This week, our teacher showed a video about Thanksgiving to all three social studies classes. The students were totally sucked in. They loved watching the video and having it wrap up what they had been learning in the previous weeks. They also were able to do a shared reading where the students got the opportunity to read a page in the microphone as the whole class followed along. The students really enjoyed both of these opportunites. I didn't use technology this week. I was going to share a video to accompany my writing activity - but it turned out I didn't have the time allotment to do so. What I wanted to do was to find videos on the internet that were similar to America's Funniest Home Videos. Our writing activity was on the book, That's Good, That's Bad where things that seem good turn out bad and vice versa. I was going to show videos and pause them in the middle and ask the children what they thought might come next to change whether it was good or bad.

No comments: